Monday, July 14, 2014

Product Review - Smoky Extravagant Mascara by Make Up For Ever

I received a sample of the Smoky Extravagant Mascara by Make Up For Ever in my birthday gift from Sephora (when you're a member of their reward thing, you receive a birthday gift).

Normally, it's hard to gauge how great a mascara will be based on a sample because they end up having a smaller version of the brush and it just doesn't do it justice (and it seems that 9/10, the brush is what makes a difference, at least for me). In this case, I was pleasantly surprised to find that the brush was big and probably about the size of what the full size version would be (based on the above pic, that seems to be true). Not only that but it has a great range from very big to very small on either end, making it extremely easy to work with. Just for that, I was almost sold.

The mascara formulation itself is pretty typical. I mean, I rarely find major differences between formulations and that may just be me. But it does a good job and is a strong black so that makes me satisfied with it.

When I said that I was "almost sold", the thing that is preventing me from saying fully sold is the price. It's not too terrible at $24 but since you need to replace your mascara every 3 months (y'all remember that, right?), I tend to be a little hesitant to pay that much for a mascara (because then that makes your total for the year at nearly $100 when you can easily do less than that). Now it IS a good enough product that it almost sways me into splurging for it. I do have a number of mascara samples left so will go through those (reviews to come) and then we'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment