Tuesday, March 6, 2012

A few of my favorite things

So here are a few of my favorite items when it comes to makeup and general skin care as well. Those are products that I prefer not to leave home without. There's a whole lot more products that I really really like but that would make for way too long of a post. ;) Oh and I'm not even including my stage makeup products either, although I use some of these products for stage as well. ;)

Shea Butter Hand Cream by L'Occitane: I have very dry hands and this cream is marvelous. I have a big tube at my desk at work and apply at least twice daily. What's awesome (and should be an indication since I keep it at work) is that it's not greasy and is absorbed readily.

Dr. Hunter Foot Comfort Cream: It works very well for me to give back suppleness to my calluses while not completely getting rid of them. (I'll do a blog for dancers on that topic. ;))

Photo Finish Foundation Primer by Smashbox (original formulation/color): This is a colorless primer that I use under my foundation. It smooths my skin thoroughly, making it easier for the foundation to glide on. I'm old enough that I'm starting to get wrinkles and fine lines so this smooths it all out and they disappear more readily under the foundation. :D This primer feels oily but it's not. It's just the formulation that makes it feel that way.

Shadow Insurance by Too Faced: This is an eye primer. I always use it before applying any eyeshadow, whether I apply one color or more, for everyday use or for stage. I'll blog more about this specifically but if you've ever had issues with your eye shadows staying put, consider using an eye primer. Back when I started using eye primers, the one by Urban Decay called Primer Potion came in this beautiful little bottle with a cutesy wand... and I hated that wand. Now that Primer Potion comes in a tube too. Product-wise, for me, it was a toss up between the two in that I liked the formulations about as much. So I could switch to the Primer Potion but I'm used to the Shadow Insurance so I'll keep on using it. ;)

HD Microfinish Powder by Make Up For Ever: I love love love this powder! I wear it over my foundation as my loose powder. I can tell the difference between where I applied and where I didn't. It's really that great! Also, if I'm in a rush to get out the door and don't have time to apply foundation, I'll apply a coat of just the powder and it smooths my skin enough. I don't know how many times I've purchased this product now. I just can't live without it. ;)

Bye Bye Under Eye by It Cosmetics: This is one of my latest finds. I purchased it b/c it was on uber sale on that website around the Holidays... and I needed to round my shopping cart to get free shipping. And I'm really digging this product. A little goes a very long way. It provides great coverage for the under eye area but I use it as a general concealer as well. What's more, it has vitamins that are good for your skin.

Cream Eyeliner by E.L.F.: Well, I did do a review on this recently but, yes, it's now in my list of products that I couldn't live without. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment