Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Update on previously reviewed items

There are a number of items that I've reviewed or talked about that I wanted to give an update on so here it is.

Dr. Jart+ Beauty Balm
Original review: http://celestesmakeupcorner.blogspot.com/2012/09/dr-jart-beauty-balm.html 
I've been using this product for about 2 months now and I still very much love it. It's actually interesting how I haven't been using my liquid foundation but once since then. For stage makeup, though, I use a different foundation and that hasn't changed. But the beauty balm does such a great job at evening my skin (and quickly!) that it's hard to not use it. The liquid foundation, while being close to my skin tone, is actually not as close. (I am THAT fair.)

As if that wasn't enough, I've noticed that the wrinkles on my forehead are vanishing. Now, it could be due to some other factor but the timing of me starting using the beauty balm and the wrinkles disappearing indicates that it would be directly due to the use of the beauty balm. And I'm really happy with this, of course. I didn't know that this would happen at all. Whoot!

Kate Somerville True Lash Enhancing Eye Makeup Remover
Original review: http://celestesmakeupcorner.blogspot.com/2012/10/product-review-kate-somerville-true.html 
I ended up purchasing the full size product because I really liked a couple of things: 1) the lengthening of the lashes (I now have long, full, lush lashes... :D) and 2) because it leaves my eyelid so much more moisturized! The latter was a big issue that I hadn't noticed was an issue until I tried this product.  I used to wake up with such dry eyelids in the morning but not anymore. So that, in and of itself, makes the pricier product worth it. AND, I get the bonus longer lashes. ;)

Birchbox
Original review: http://celestesmakeupcorner.blogspot.com/2012/09/birchbox.html
I had a great box in October and I'm actually happy with the box this month as well. I have yet to receive it but I know what I'm getting. ;)  So it's looking like I'll keep the subscription going for a while.

In October, I received: Kérastase Chroma Sensitive (hair product), blinc Eyeliner (liquid liner), beautyblender (a makeup sponge... pretty neat, actually), theBalm Mary-Lou Manizer (makeup highlighter), and Kusmi Tea Paris (yup... tea).

In November, I will receive: Archipelago Pomegranate Body Soap, Marula Omega Rich Facial Oil (will be great for my dry skin), ModelCo FIBRE LASHXTEND Lengthening Mascara (it looks like it might be full size!), Oscar Blandi Pronto Texture & Volume Spray (they had good reviews on the Birchbox site), and John Varvatos Artisan (men cologne... so Jeff gets a gift :p).

Ipsy/MyGlam
Original review: http://celestesmakeupcorner.blogspot.com/2012/10/ipsymyglam.html
I received the November bag yesterday and it's really cool. I'm really happy with what we received. The theme was "Party Perfect" and the items were: Starlet eyeliner in chocolate (full size; not a color I normally use but we'll see), theBalm Meet Matt(e) eyeshadow (it's like a dark plum color), Nailtini Nail Laquer in Millionaire (full size; a gold sparkly color), bareMinerals Marvelous Moxie lip gloss in Daredevil (a berry color), and the "or" product that I received was Chella Defining Eyebrow Gel (I was actually happy to receive this as I'm receiving a mascara in the Birchbox and I'm always looking for ways to improve my eyebrows, especially for stage).  I haven't had a chance to play with any of these yet.  One of my students has subscribed to Ipsy and has received this bag too and was happily showing it off at class last night and another student now is considering taking a subscription. lol Seriously, for 10$, it's pretty darn good.

The Look Bag
Original review: http://celestesmakeupcorner.blogspot.com/2012/10/review-look-bag.html
I hadn't seen what was going to be included in The Look Bag but I decided to cancel the subscription.  The thing that made me the most disappointed is that I learned that not only were some of the products discontinued (so, really, you're not getting your value as much, are you?) but one of them was actually expired. It was the Stila eye shadow. Not that it matters much for powder eye shadows: trust me as a microbiology major, not much grows on powder eye shadows. But, still, yanno, it didn't sit right with me. Especially, once they were alerted by subscribers that the eye shadows were expired, they still sold the bag as is. What I had seen as a small preview for this month was a glitter eyeliner. It could be fun but, yanno, I just didn't want to risk having products that I would be meh about in the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment