Friday, January 10, 2014

Product Review - Big Sexy Hair Powder Play

I received the Big Sexy Hair Powder Play sample as part of the Ipsy bag in April 2013. The full size (0.53 oz) retails for about 15$.  I was excited to try this brand as I've been intrigued by it and have heard good things about it. This is the first of 3 samples that I received from this brand over the months.

The Powder Play promises to fluff up your hair, give it uber volume, etc. I was excited about that because it's really hard for my hair to get some volume and I had heard from a number of folks that powders are great at doing that and that I should try this very brand. So I was real excited to give it a try.

The verdict? Well... I was uber disappointed. It did very little for me. It fluffed up my hair a little bit but not nearly as much as it promised. I tried applying it directly on my hair, as instructed. I tried pouring some in my hands first, in case dropping the product directly on my hair was making it too heavy or something. There was no discernible difference between the applications and not much volume gained. *sigh*

I've seen reviews online of folks who love this product so it must work for some people. It doesn't work for me. Given the fairly high price, I'd recommend trying it through a sample (should you be able to find one somewhere) or through someone who already owns the product... or, obviously, you can take a chance and purchase it but I most certainly wouldn't invest in it.

For the record, I don't think that the brand was the issue as the other two products that I'll review will have quite the different write-up. I tried a fluffing powder by a got2b and it also didn't work for me either. I thought that Big Sexy Hair being a pricier brand and generally getting better reviews, it might work better. But, while there was *some* more fluff, it wasn't enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment