Wednesday, September 21, 2016

Product Review - Better Than Sex Waterproof Mascara by Too Faced


I received a sample of the Better Than Sex Waterproof Mascara by Too Faced via a makeup subscriptions.

First off, I generally hate those play on sexy talk as names for makeup and this one takes the cake. Seriously? Better than sex? Pffffff... Okay, I get it, they're bold and believe in their product. I could make a bunch of comparisons that would be highly inappropriate and NSFW but I will refrain.

I have been using the product for about 4-6 weeks. It started out okay: it applied well enough, wasn't clumping, and was a nice intense dark. Probably THE best feature of this product was how well it builds.

Sadly, though, for the last 10 days, it feels like the product has been getting thicker and harder to apply. Reading comments on the Sephora website, it appears that I'm not the only one who had that experience. And, honestly, at $23 for the full size (which is typical for a product in that category), I'd expect for it to last better than that.

It was also very difficult to completely remove the mascara. That is something that usually happens with waterproof mascara, hence why I typically don't buy those, but it seemed like this one was even harder than most.

I wouldn't really recommend this product but I will put a caveat that it might be a case of it's just not for me but others may like it. Again, I feel that it was a product that wonderfully builds so I'd be tempted to purchase it for that, especially for stage performances. I actually might recommend that a casual makeup wearer get the travel/sample version (which is $12) and use it for stage. I might even contemplate doing that myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment