Thursday, September 27, 2012

The quick morning routine

In the last entry, I was talking about those mornings when I'm pressed for time, which seems to be nearly every morning lately.  I have a corporate job so I still need to look polished even when pressed for time. Or at least I like to look polished. :p

So here are my steps for what I do on most days.  It looks like a very long list but, believe me, it's longer to write out than to actually do it.  At the bottom, I'll pare it down even further but the list here is what I do on a near (work) daily basis.

Note that I'm citing the names of the products that I'm using to give an idea of what I'm using.  Also note that the websites that I'm linking are actually where I've bought the product.

1. Cleanser
I've been using Perricone MD products for a few years now. They've changed formulation for the cleanser so the one that I use now is the Nutritive Cleanser. http://www.skinstore.com/p-9373-perricone-md-nutritive-cleanser.aspx

2. Moisturizer
I've been using the Face Finishing Moisturizer by Perricone MD for a couple of years. http://www.skinstore.com/p-9372-perricone-md-face-finishing-moisturizer.aspx

3. Eye cream
I use the StriVectin Eye Concentrate for Wrinkles (yeah, I'm getting old enough to start seeing those). http://www.skinstore.com/p-15008-strivectin-sd-eye-concentrate-for-wrinkles.aspx

4. Dr. Jart+ Beauty Balm
You can refer to the previous post for my thoughts on this product. Up until I discovered it, I used to skip this step. ;)  I apply this all over my face: make sure to go all the way to the hairline and in the jaw line when applying.  http://www.sephora.com/water-fuse-beauty-balm-spf-25-pa-P285402

5. Concealer
I currently use Bye Bye Under Eye by It Cosmetics. I apply it under my eyes and over any weird skin thing (e.g., pimple).   http://www.beauty.com/it-cosmetics-bye-bye-under-eye-full-coverage-waterproof-concealer-light-ultra-fair/qxp218123?catid=12974

6. Loose powder
I'm using the HD Microfinish Powder by Make Up For Ever. It's really an awesome product! I would recommend it to everyone. Don't be scared by the white color of the powder: it blends in with your natural pigmentation. http://www.sephora.com/hd-microfinish-powder-P210400

7. Eye primer
I never leave home without it on my eyelids... unless I'm not wearing any eye shadow, which is very rare indeed. I use Shadow Insurance by Too Faced. http://www.sephora.com/shadow-insurance-P202625

8. Eye shadow
If I'm pressed for time but have a little bit of time, I'll do some full blown eye makeup. But if I'm really pressed for time, I'll go for just one eye shadow. I like to use the Buxom - Stay There eye shadows for this. Note that I've discovered that not all of these work well on my eyelids. That being said, I have 2 colors that I use on rotation: Chihuahua and Pug. While they look similar on the computer screen, Chihuahua is a white shiny silver while Pug is a grey matte silver. http://www.sephora.com/buxom-stay-there-eye-shadow-P267305  I do sometimes wear other eye shadows but, when I'm really pressed for time, these are the ones that I use. Given that they are cream eye shadows, they are super fast to apply.

9. Eyeliner
I use the e.l.f. gel liner (3$ at Target or Meijer or other stores) for my eyeliner nowadays.  I always like my top eyelid and flare it out. That's kind of my thing that I like to do. ;) I generally will also line my waterline on my lower eyelid but I will sometimes mix it up by not lining it at all or just partially or really into the lash line (again full or partial). As minute of a detail as it may sound, it does make the makeup look slightly different.

10. Mascara
I never leave home without mascara... or VERY rarely. See, I'm blonde underneath this black hair so my lashes are blonde too. Without mascara, I end up looking like a ghost. :p I currently am using something by Rimmel that I bought it at Target.

11. Eyebrows
Just like I rarely go out without mascara on my lashes, I rarely go out without having done my eyebrows for the same reason: without some black over them, I look like I'm missing eyebrows.  The lucky thing, though, is that, since my hair is black, it's easy for me to do my eyebrows. If I'm really pressed with time, I can just use some mascara over them. It doesn't give them a very full look but it's a fast and relatively fast (provided I don't accidentally smudge the mascara) way to do my eyebrows. Otherwise, my preferred method has been to use that e.l.f. gel liner to fill in my eyebrows and shape them the way that I want. I will let them dry a little (so I'll wait until the next step is done to the this) and then I'll use a mascara-like brush to brush my eyebrows. It makes them look more natural when I do this.

12. Blush
I then apply blush on my cheek bones. If I've used the Buxom eye shadows, I will generally wear the shade Mocha by MAC.

13. Lips
I tend to gravitate towards lip glosses nowadays given that my lips are so small.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Here are other scenarios; I will use them depending on the time that I have left to get ready but, again, it's not my preference:

  • Mascara only: At a very minimum, as I've stated above, I'll at least wear some mascara on my lashes and eyebrows. I rarely do this but will if, say, I need to run to the store because I need milk or something.
  • Eyeliner and mascara
  • Eye shadow, eyeliner, and mascara
  • Powder, eye shadow, eyeliner, and mascara
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Edit: I've had a question on Facebook as to how long this all takes. Steps 1-12 take me about 15-20 minutes. That is, if I've used the Buxom eye shadows so have done a quick eye makeup application. If it's a different eye makeup application, it can take longer.  If you're going "there's no way that I could do this in 15-20 minutes", do not despair: the more you do it, the quicker you get. ;)  Now you may wonder why I didn't mention Step 13 (lips) just yet. Well, I do my makeup before I have breakfast so I usually will do my lips in the car on the way to work... at a stop light, of course or in the parking lot. ;) Doing my lips is about a 1-minute process, especially if I'm using a lip gloss.

1 comment:

  1. sildenafil 100 mg is used to treat erectile dysfunction in men. manforce 100 mg can be taken on an empty stomach or with a meal. This drug works by increasing blood flow to the penis. The store is utilized to sell the best prescriptions at reasonable costs.

    ReplyDelete