Thursday, July 25, 2013

Production Review - Pixi Flawless & Poreless Primer

I received a sample of the Pixi Flawless & Poreless Primer as part of my Ipsy subscription. I started using it as my everyday primer when I ran out of Mirabella Primer.

My gold standard is the Photo Finish Foundation Primer by Smashbox. So let's see how it compares.

The Pixi primer is a normal cream vs. the Smashbox primer that is a thicker gel product. As such, some may prefer the Pixi primer if only because of the texture.

The Pixi primer goes on smooth and actually feels cool when applied so that's been kind of nice this summer. I did try it under my stage makeup to see if it would be comparable in terms of hold as the Smashbox product and it was.

However, it felt like it wasn't covering my lines as much as the Smashbox product would have. So I'd say that, if you have lots of wrinkles and fine lines, I'd go with the Smashbox product.

Price-wise, it's comparable: the Pixi primer is 30$ whereas the Smashbox one is 36$. However, the Pixi primer is available at Target so it may be easier to just grab on your next Target run vs. finding a Sephora or ordering online for the Smashbox product.

I really liked this Pixi primer, I have to admit. I think that I'll buy it for my everyday use and keep using the Smashbox one for performance.

No comments:

Post a Comment