Monday, December 17, 2012

Product Review - Mirabella Primer

I received this primer as part of the Ipsy subscription this month.  I tried the Mirabella - Prime for Face and Eyes for the last few days. I used it as a primer under my foundation/beauty balm but I haven't tried it as an eye primer as I am sure of my regular primer's results.

This is going to be somewhat of a Smashbox Photo Finish Primer vs. Mirabella Prime for Face and Eyes kind of blog entry as I do have a comparison that I can draw. ;)

The Mirabella product comes in a tube, which makes getting the exact amount you want. This is much easier than the Smashbox one, which is a funky tube and I seem to always get more product out than I wanted.

The formulation of the Mirabella product seemed very similar to the Smashbox one to me. Although, I have to say that, if you have oily skin, you may prefer the Mirabella one as it felt a tad less greasy/silky than the Smashbox product but not by much. Again, if you have oily skin, you may appreciate the fact that you can manage more efficiently how much you're actually using so that may be another plus for you for the Mirabella product.

I will have to try it as an eye primer because I have to admit that I'm rather skeptical that I will like it in that capacity. I think that it will feel a bit too greasy on my eyelid but I'll have to test it.

Price-wise, it's 29$ for 0.43 oz for the Mirabella product whereas a 0.4 oz Smashbox is 17$ (or 1 oz for 36$). I did feel like I was using less Mirabella product so it may turn out that the 0.43 oz would be equivalent to the Smashbox full ounce one. Time will tell.

I think that I'll need a little more time to decide whether I would purchase the Mirabella product over the Smashbox one but I have to say that I preferred the texture and feel of the Mirabella product so, based on that, it has a high likelihood of winning my favors.

Mirabella website:
http://www.mirabellabeauty.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment