Wednesday, October 11, 2017

Product Review - MAC Retro Matte Liquid Lipcolour

I'm not quite sure anymore how I found out about the MAC Retro Matte Liquid Lipcolour but, man, am I obsessed with that product now! Why am I obsessed? Because it stays on for HOURS. I often forget to re-apply lipstick so it's perfect for me not to have to worry about that. I also don't like to have a smear of lipstick on my coffee mug and, while some of it will transfer, it's not nearly close to the level that regular lipsticks do. And, for the record, most of my lipsticks are by MAC so it really is a formulation thing, not a brand thing.

The first one that I got was in color High Drama. I just loved the dark color and thought that it might be okay for work but, alas, it IS very high drama so it was too dark, even when I had black hair. And now with the orange hair, it definitely is best for special occasions. You can see me wearing it on this pic with super goth makeup. lol







Because of the incredible hold that the formulation had, I decided to buy 2 more shades: To Matte With Love (bright raspberry) and Back in Vogue (peachy nude). You can see me wearing To Matte With Love in this pic. I love it for when I need a pop of bright color. Another thing that I love about this shade is that, depending on which liner I use, it will slightly affect the color. I love wearing Back in Vogue for a mod look. It's a killer. I don't seem to have pics with it on, sadly.




And finally, the latest color that I picked up was from the new metallic version of the formulation. (It's on a different page, if you're trying to find it on the MAC website.) Metallics are very in right now and I've been somewhat obsessed with getting some nice metallic shade that might work for me. I got the lipcolor in Foiled, which is a nice rose bronze. When I first tried it, it looked off on me but I wasn't wearing any makeup so, yanno, you can't really wear it with a nude face. But, with this green makeup with metallic hues, it is a killer.



Besides loving the stay power and the shades, I have to admit that I also absolutely love the applicator: it makes for easy control in applying the lipcolor, especially around corners, which is usually my demise.

Price-wise, it is $21, which is higher than the regular MAC lipsticks ($17.50) but I believe that the (slight) markup is worth it given the stay power of the formulation. Now, if you're used to lipsticks costing more like $12, then that's a bigger step but, again, it might be worth it. Oh and a little goes a long way. I've used both the To Matt With Love and Back in Vogue quite a bit and it barely looks like any was used... and I apply 3 coats of lipstick (more on that in another blog).

(PS: I'm about to buy yet another one b/c, well, I'm addicted.)

No comments:

Post a Comment