Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Makeup Look - Red makeup



I've been doing performances for Holidays/Winter haflas lately so I came up with this makeup scheme for it. I decided to go with red because my costume was red and black and, well, I just felt like it. ;)  So how did I do that?

And I have to apologize as it seems that most of the exact eye shadows that I used were discontinued... but you can use whichever similar color, of course.)

  1. I applied my eye primer all over the eyelid to the brow and a little at the lower lash line. I use Shadow Insurance by Too Faced.
  2. I applied a creamy red eye shadow on the eyelid. I used the Flammable paint tube by MAC. It is unfortunately no longer available. However, any red color would do: it's just a base for the glitter.
  3. I also applied some red eye shadow at the lower lash line.
  4. I applied the Glitter Glue by Too Faced on the eyelid (one eyelid at a time) and then layered red glitter over it. I used Antoinette by Medusa's Makeup.
  5. I applied a deep burgundy eye shadow at the crease, wrapping at the outer corner of the lower lash line as well. The color that I used was Smoke Signal by MAC. It's unfortunately discontinued. (See below for a pic of the color.)
  6. I then applied a little bit of a black with copper accents where the red from the eyelid and the burgundy of the crease met to tie it together a bit more. The color that I used was Beauty Marked by MAC.
  7. I applied a soft yellow at the brow bone. The color that I used was Butterfly by Bare Escentuals.
  8. I applied some white eye shadow at the inner corner of the eye (so a little on the side of the nose as well) and at the inner corner of the lower lash line. I used Aspen Summit by Sephora. The goal here is to brighten up the makeup a little.
  9. I then applied my gel liner (e.l.f.) at the upper lash line and in the water line of the lower lashes.
  10. Finally, I applied mascara.
Here is how some of the colors that are discontinued look like:

MAC Flammable Paint Tube








MAC Smoke Signal Pigment















No comments:

Post a Comment