Friday, December 21, 2012

Product Review - Eyeko Skinny Liquid Eyeliner

In yesterday's entry, I mentioned that I lined my upper eyelid with the Eyeko Skinny Liquid Eyeliner in purple and that I was going to write a review about it.

When I taught my makeup workshop at an event this summer, a participant told me about Birchbox and the Eyeko eyeliner (*wave at Gina*). I had forgotten about the eyeliner until I received the Eyeko Skinny Liquid Eyeliner in my Birchbox subscription this month.

When I saw that it was a purple color, I have to admit that I was disappointed as I've never worn a colored eyeliner, remembering the awful look that we had in the 80s with colored eyeliners (some may be too young to remember).  So when I did the pink and purple makeup look, I thought that it was a good time to try out the color and the product.  I gotta say that I was pleasantly surprised with the color! It really wasn't gaudy at all!  It was a nice eggplant color that complemented the makeup scheme real well. It also wasn't that much different than if I had lined my eye with black. I mean, sure, you could tell that it wasn't exactly black but you couldn't be 100% certain. Most importantly, it looked polished.  So the color redeemed itself.

The eyeliner comes in a variety of colors: black, navy, olive, purple, turquoise, and brown.  I don't know that I'd purchase any of the colors except maybe for brown and I'm intrigues by the turquoise... but I don't wear colors that would fit with turquoise very regularly.

Now as to the formulation and application. I was also extremely pleased with both. The product wasn't too liquid at all and it stayed put real well. It literally did not move AT ALL all night... and I was dancing at Greek Islands so it had every chance to melt off my face.  But it didn't.

The application was also very easy. As can be seen on the picture here, the tip is very fine so it made for an easy application and it was easy to control exactly where and how much you were applying.

In a previous entry, I did a review of the Be a Bombshell eyeliner and said that it was the easiest thing to get if you are not used to working with liquid liner. Well, I take it back: this Eyeko Skinny Liquid Eyeliner is. The Be a Bombshell one is a very close second, though.

The price is 15$, which is par for similar products.  My only con about this product is that it's not available everywhere. I found it on Birchbox (where the purple color was an exclusive, actually and they have all the available colors) and at Sephora (where they only have it in black).

So the question that I always ask myself at the end: would I buy this again. This one gets a big whole YES! I really loved it. I'm actually debating whether, when I run out of my e.l.f. gel, whether I will purchase it again or the Eyeko Skinny Liquid Eyeliner in black.

No comments:

Post a Comment