Monday, January 21, 2013

Product Review - Stila All Over Shimmer Liquid Lumizer

I received the All Over Shimmer Liquid Lumizer in Bronze by Stila as part of my Birchbox subscription. Here are my thoughts on it.

When I received it, I did a bit of research on what it is, what it's about and all.  They said that you were to apply it with the brush (think it's like a nail polish brush but bigger). Well, while, yes, you can deposit the product with the brush, you will still need to blend it in with your fingers or else you'll have warpaint-like strokes. ;)

At the first use, I loved it. I was actually going to purchase the full size. However, I noticed rather quickly that the product's glow doesn't last very long: it didn't last a full day at work. So that cooled my jets quite a bit.

Then there is the texture of the product: it's very liquidy and I thought that I was going to like it but I ended up not liking how it felt on my skin.  Now, I have dry skin so I think that this wasn't the best product for me. It would have needed to be creamier, I think.  I think that if you have oily skin, you will actually like this product as it feels cool and dries the skin a little.

In all fairness to the product, though, the color that I received was the bronze shimmer. I don't think that it's a great color for me to highlight my face. It doesn't do much for me. So, if I were to receive another sample in a different shade, I may try it again. But I'd start with a sample first.

I've still been using my sample and will use it all. But I don't think that I'll purchase it in the full size, which is 20$ for 0.5 oz at Sephora.  They do have an interesting array of shades so that's a plus for this product. I will review another product soon that I personally prefer. It's really a personal thing. If I didn't know of the other product, I would consider purchasing this one. But, as it stands, again, I wouldn't purchase the full size.

No comments:

Post a Comment