Monday, January 28, 2013

Sparkly tribal makeup



This is one of my favorite and most versatile makeup for stage.  I wear it for vintage looks and for performances with my Improvisational Tribal Style (ITS) dance troupe, Black Rose Caravan. It's especially useful when I need to perform both with Black Rose Caravan and solo during the same show as, again, this makeup is very versatile.

Here's how I did the version that you see here:
  1. I applied Shadow Insurance by Too Faced all over the eyelid to the brow bone, including at the lower lash line. 
  2. I applied the Glitter Glue by Too Faced on one eyelid then proceeded to step 3 for that eyelid... and then repeated 2-3 for the other eyelid.
  3. I applied Glamour Dust in Glampire by Too Faced all over the eyelid.
  4. I applied Stay There shadow by Buxom in Mutt at the lower lash line.
  5. I applied MAC eye shadow in Concrete at the crease and at the outer corner of the lower lash line.
  6. I applied Sephora eye shadow in Aspen Summit (it's been discontinued now... it's a white eye shadow) at the brow bone and at the inner corner of the lower lash line.
  7. I lined the upper eyelid with the black cream liner by e.l.f.
  8. I applied a thin line of black cream liner at the lower lash line, not going all the way to the inner corner.
  9. I lined the lower lash line waterline with MAC Eye Kohl in Fascinating.
  10. I then applied black mascara and false lashes.
The above application will yield a more vintage look to the makeup, which is what I wanted with that costume.  If you want an even more vintage look, you simply skip lining the lower lash line in black; for a vintage look, there should be minimal lining at the lower lash line... heck, you could skip it entirely.

I'm sure that the idea of applying white liner is scary (and the thought is for sure) but it brightens up the eye area quite a bit. It's pretty neat. You can use it for other makeup ideas as well.

If you want to have a darker look, then you simply line your lower lash line waterline with all black liner.

No comments:

Post a Comment