Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Everyday Gold and Eggplant Makeup


Today, we're talking a simple makeup. The pics were actually taken at my cube (hence the bad lighting and the beige walls).  Note that I will often do more dramatic makeup schemes but, today, I felt like doing something a bit more muted. Went with my mood.

The palette that I used for this is called Mother Earth by Smashbox. It no longer is available but you can use similar colors to achieve the same results.  I used everything but the blue eye shadow from this palette. ;) I even used the peach blush.





In addition to the palette, I also used Stay There eye shadow by Buxom in Mutt. http://www.sephora.com/buxom-stay-there-eye-shadow-P267305?skuId=1280221

Here are the steps for this look; note that there are some steps that are optional:

  1. I applied the eye primer all over the eyelid to the brow and at the lower lash line as well. As usual, I used Shadow Insurance by Too Face.
  2. (Optional) I applied 1 layer of the Mutt eye shadow on the eyelid and at the lower lash line.
  3. I applied the plum colored eye shadow all over the eyelid using a fluffy round brush. I brought it up in the crease as well and at the outer corner of the lower lash line.
  4. I dusted 1 small layer of the gold eye shadow over the plum from the inner corner of the eyelid to about 1/3 to 1/2 of the eyelid (i.e., I didn't apply it all over the eyelid but just the inner portion).
  5. (Optional) If I hadn't applied the Mutt eye shadow, I would have applied the gold eye shadow at the lower lash line.
  6. (Optional) I applied the beige (top left color on the palette) eye shadow at the brow bone.
  7. I lined the upper lash line with black eyeliner.
  8. (Optional) I applied some black eyeliner at the outer corner of the lower lash line. That is, in the lash line itself.
  9. I lined the lower waterline with black eyeliner.
  10. I applied mascara.
  11. I applied the peach blush on the cheeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment