Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Golden Cabaret makeup




Apologies for the "meh" quality of the pics. ;) This was after a night of dancing at Greek Islands so the makeup is not as fresh as could be but, as can be evidenced, the primer did its job again. ;)

Here is the list of items that I used for this look.



And here are the steps that I did for this makeup:

  1. I applied my primer (Shadow Insurance by Too Faced) all over my eyelids up to the brow and a little at the lower lash line.
  2. I applied 1-2 layers of Indianwood color paint pot all over the eyelid to the crease.  I also applied 1 layer to the lower lash line.
  3. I applied 2-3 layers of the True Gold eye shadow over the Indianwood (so both on the eyelid and at the lower lash line).
  4. I applied the Hepcat eye shadow at the crease and along the lower lash line at the outer corner.
  5. I applied a little bit of Carbon eye shadow at the crease and outer corner of the lower lash line. It needs to not completely cover the Hepcat but rather just to better define the crease. So it's a very small amount. The first picture showcases it the best.
  6. I dusted the Aspen Summit eye shadow over the brow bone for contrast. I also applied a little bit of it at the inner corner of the eye.
  7. I lined the upper eyelid and the lower lid waterline with the e.l.f. cream liner.
  8. I applied mascara.
  9. I added some sparkly false lashes. I believe that I had purchased those at Kroger. They have a small amount of glitter on them.

Note: Instead of using the bareMinerals eye shadow, you could totally apply glitter to the eyelid. That would give it an extra pop of shine (and, yes, I've done that).  If you do, however, you'll still need to apply the Glitter Glue by Too Faced (or other glitter primer) as the paint pot formulation won't be sticky enough to hold onto the glitter.

No comments:

Post a Comment