Friday, October 12, 2012

Product Review - Porefessional by Benefit Cosmetics

As part of the September Birchbox, I received a sample of The Porefessional by Benefit Cosmetics.

When reading what the product does, it sounded like a mix between a beauty balm and a primer.  Turns out that it's about right.

It promises to minimize the appearance of pores. I couldn't say if that's true or not: I don't have much of a pore issue at all.

I tried it first under Dr. Jart+ Beauty Balm just for the heck of it. I didn't think that  it would add much but figured that I may as well try it. It did make my skin feel a bit smoother. Not by a whole lot but a bit.

As can be seen in the pic, there's a tint to the product. It didn't change the beauty balm color (but more on that later).

I was curious as to how it would behave under my regular foundation (MAC Studio Fix Fluid). Yesterday morning, I tried it. And, boy, was I disappointed! The overall result was that my skin looked orange-y and definitely NOT the right color. I had to take off everything and start over because people would have asked me if I had jaundice or eaten too many carrots. It was horrible.

So I think that it actually speaks well of the beauty balm that it didn't change color at all. It goes to show that, indeed, it does adjust to your skin color.

So, obviously, I wouldn't purchase The Porefessional. I definitely will stick to my regular primer (which is what I did when I reapplied my makeup). I could see that someone who would have pore issues may maybe like this product. I obviously wasn't a good customer for it.

Now they do say that you can use it over makeup. Maybe that would work better for me but it still would not be enough for me to purchase it.  Another option that could work would be to use it under a translucent powder. But, again, given that I already own a beauty balm (and love it), I don't think that I would purchase.

This just is not a product for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment